Granny Smith Apples (one thousand gifts)

My brother in law has one of the best landscapes at his house and in his neighborhood and some of the best Granny smith apples.

Each year I take bags from him when ever possible but this year he gave me starters. I am so excited to try and plant these pretty little shoots.

My sweetheart brought these home last night and the leaves were all rolled up and closed tight so I put them in water and a shot glass and placed them in the window. I wish I had a before picture because this is dramatic change from last night. Leaves are open and there are small roots pushing out of the sides. Now comes the dreaded part lol trying to keep them alive.

Family and sharing # 684

Inspired by this lovely lady

Comments

  1. I hope your shoots grow- you seem to have green fingers though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jandi I am really hoping they do grow into trees... As for a green finger lol we will see :-)

      Delete
  2. So much fun, Eva, getting these shoots from your brother in law and watching, over the years, as they turn into fruit bearing trees. Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you Susan... I am excited because I know they will grow in this climate

      Delete
  3. Oh I am sure you will have success.....you have with other things before.....you will be eating your own apples in no time lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bron I sure hope so xxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment verification but I have been getting tons of spam. Thank you for your comments I love them

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

One Thousand Gifts