Looking for signs

I believe that when our loved ones pass away from this life they try and leave us messages to let us know they are still with us, watching over us and sending their love in what ever way we will be open to receive it. Only recently have I been open enough to see them. It's not that I didn't want to see them it's just that I was not in a place to recognize or receive them until recently. 

I think I will start keeping a journal of each experience I have... The back of my One Thousand Gifts journal will work nicely. Keeping both these precious things together! 

One of these experiences happened to me this past Valentin's day while visiting the cemetery. While standing at Mandy's grave side I happened to look down and see a tree growing on her plot. A feeling of joy and love came over me and it felt like my Mandy was saying this is a gift for you. I knew I needed to save it because the cemetery is very well tended and when the grass starts to grow they will pull it out. My Mother in law, my mother and I spent about ten minutes trying to dig it up as the roots were deeper than a foot. I pinched it off at a foot and wrapped it up in a plastic bag and planted it when I got home. 

I did not have faith that it would grow but I had to try. I planted it in a Styrofoam cup placed it in my window and forgot about it. 

Yesterday while watering it I found that it had leaves growing... I was so excited and in disbelief... It was like my baby girl was asking me to have faith, thrive and be happy in life, something I've been struggling with but doing better at now


Behind the tree in this picture is a hinge that is about 2 inches long to give you a idea of how small it is. I have no clue what kind of tree this is but I have transplanted it into a pot now and hope that it continues to thrive! I love this tree.... Wish me luck...


Comments

  1. Those tiny little leaves hold so much hope! I do hope your tree survives! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment verification but I have been getting tons of spam. Thank you for your comments I love them

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

One Thousand Gifts