Raven

I found a new species of black bird in my tree today... I'm so excited...
It's a Raven... but not like any other you have seen lol Just kidding it's a wood carving my brother in law carved for me...If you look really close you can see me reflecting in its eye. I wanted a ruff carved Raven for the top of the walking stick as it's my favorite bird.  They always seem to be talking to me... Everywhere I go they look down at me cawing as if in conversation... Black birds have been my favorite since I was a child. He also made me the walking stick out of Diamond Willow wood. It stands as tall as me and a great help as I walk dirt roads. Now all I have left to do is add a few embellishments and it will be done.

 It's not very big but it is a gift that makes my heart happy! Thank you Bro



Her is another sample of wood carving that my brother-in-law has done. He carves with no training, just a visual model is needed and he makes the magic. He only started carving after he retired a few years ago and is a natural at it.

Comments

  1. He is a natural at it! So talented. Hope you're having a nice week Eva xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous keepsake and a practical one as well. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kell, He is so talented it's hard to believe that he's had no formal training xx Thank you Bron, It is such a great keepsake for sure xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment verification but I have been getting tons of spam. Thank you for your comments I love them

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

The Love of a Grateful Son