Granny's Box of Papers

Heaven’s Grocery store
Unknown author
I was walking down life’s highway a long time ago. One day I saw a sign that read heaven’s grocery store. As I got a little closer the door came open wide and when I came to myself I was standing inside. I saw a host of angels. 
They were standing everywhere one handed me a basket and said, “My child shop with care.” Everything a Christian needed was in that grocery store and all you couldn't carry you could come back the next day for more.
First, I got some patience, Love was in the same row. Further down was understanding. You need that everywhere you go. I got a box or two of wisdom, a bag or two of faith. I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost, for it was all over the place. 
I stopped to get some strength and courage to help me run this race. By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some grace. I didn't forget salvation for salvation was free, so I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me. 
Then I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill, for I thought I had everything to do the masters will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw prayer and I just had to put that in, for I know when I stepped outside, I would run into sin. 
Peace and joy were plentiful, they were last on the shelf. Song and praise were hanging near, so I just helped myself.
Then I said to the angel, “Now, how much do I owe?” he smiled and said, “Just take them everywhere you go.” 
Again, I smiled and said, “How much do I really owe?” he smiled again and said,
“My child Jesus paid your bill a long, long time ago.”
“All things whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.”

At the bottom of this tale is a message that said it originated from the Netherlands. 

This was from my granny's collection of papers she kept that I inherited when she passed 

Comments

  1. This one gave me goose bumps, Eva. Just beautiful. Your grandmother must have been a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, My grandmother was a force to be reckoned with lol but she loved her family and God! She taught us by example every day how to be a loving and serving daughter of God... I miss her very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely....a good reminder of all that we need in life on a daily basis. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment verification but I have been getting tons of spam. Thank you for your comments I love them

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

The Love of a Grateful Son