One Thousand Gifts


I have started reading a book recommended to me by Bron called "One Thousand Gifts." I have to confess that I struggle mightily... Mightily, daily, hourly, by minute and second to truly live... 

I am lost in the sea of grief, sorrow and loss. 

Although it has been four years since my sweet daughter has passed I find myself still stuck in the moment. I do not know if it will ever get better but...I try daily to live my life to the best I can do for that day. Sometimes it goes well and sometimes not so good. 

But as a new day dawns I find myself needing to do something... Something other than living in the black abyss that has been my constant partner for four years, six months and 168 days... 

I am stoic physically, spiritually and emotionally but everyday I put on that plastic face and trudge forward. 

I have come to realize how thankless I have become for the abundant blessing in my life...

So I have decided to go on a personal journey to recognize and be thankful for these gifts in my life. 

I do not know how it will go or how long it will last or even if I will be successful but something has to change and so here it is! A new beginning for me today... 

The next chapter in my life... 

A journey of self preservation and discovery, of learning to feel and live and love again after such a great tragedy to me and my family. 

So here's to new beginnings...

Comments

  1. * tears* be brave.....it never means forgetting but bringing them to a much happier place in our life.....doesn't mean no more tears just enriches the hope of being reunited one day.

    Bravo to you I will be hear cheering you on from the trenches and know you will be blessed. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment verification but I have been getting tons of spam. Thank you for your comments I love them

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

One Thousand Gifts