Summer Time Memory's

Watching my fruit tree ripening reminds me of a sweet summer time memory I have from my childhood of sweet apricots hot off the tree and I mean HOT. My uncle lived in Concord California and apricot trees love that climate! and he had one of the best. I remember when we would go for a visit and the tree was ripe for picking... we would climb up the tree and sit on a branch picking the hot fruit and eating it. The sweet apricots were so juicy they would drip all down our hands and arms. The summer sun would beat down all around us but we didn't mind because the fruit had a bit of magic keeping us cool and happy. We would eat so many apricots that our tummy's would be filled to the top and a lot of the time a nap would follow
I believe this tree in my back yard is a peach or nectarine fruit... I can hardly wait to taste a fresh picked fruit off the branch again!!! I might just have to make peach filled jello or peach Popsicle sticks or... Some waffles with slices of peach on top yummmmmm... I can hardly wait

Update July 10 2014: Turns out this is a plum tree I love plums but now I have to try and beat the birds to the punch lol

Comments

  1. I am salivating now.....and not just for juicy fruit but summer days...we have had such wet windy and winters days. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment verification but I have been getting tons of spam. Thank you for your comments I love them

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

One Thousand Gifts