Crock Pot adventures

I have been using a crock pot since I could cook and my mother before me and her mother before her I guess you can say that I was raised on food from a crock pot. My auntie Sharron on my father's side has used a crock pot from the time that I can remember and I think that my gran her mother used one too
Crock pots are so easy to use, the food comes out great because it is cooked slowly and there is very little effort used in the prep and cooking.

It had been a couple of years since I had used my crock pot until my sweet and fun fellow blogger (Whom is a great blogger you should check out her blog)  got one for herself and her excitement sent me out again looking for easy but tasty recipes.

So I called my Auntie and asked her to share some crock pot recipes with me and then an idea sparked in my mind... I told her if she sent me her recipes I would put them into a cook book along with all her great memories that she had from the days she used them. 

She agreed and sent me the first of many recipes and memories to come... I am so excited about doing this with her...

So I was reading up on some blogs I follow and came across Marie's site and found THIS this is going to be my next crock pot adventure when we have our company up in a bit, I cant wait to test it out on them...

So according to Marie's Cooking Adventures you need the following... although like any other recipe I have to double it because when I cook there are usually more mouths to feed lol its kind of like the pied piper and his flute lol BUT!!!! We absolutely love extra mouths to feed. The more the mouths to feed the more the fun seems to hang around

What you need:
2-5 lbs pot roast (any kind) 
1 envelope Ranch Dressing (dried)
1 envelope Italian Dressing (dried) 
1 envelope Brown Gravy mix (dried)
Potatoes and Carrots
1 to 1-1/2 cups of water 

Directions:
If you wanted carrots and potatoes in your Crock Pot cut them to your liking and put them in the bottom of your pot. Put your roast on top of the vegetables them sprinkle all three spice envelopes on top. Add the water and cook on Low for 6-10 hours until the vegetables are cooked through 

Comments

  1. That looks like its gonna be yummy!! let me know when and ill be there!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for the shout out....I am loving my slow cooker...my mum would be so proud of me too. Looking forward to seeing your recipe shares...nothing like cooking some tried and proven recipes. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment verification but I have been getting tons of spam. Thank you for your comments I love them

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

The Love of a Grateful Son