Gluten Free Cookies

These cookies are really yummy to me, but I am use to healthy treats. The sugar content is low and they crumble but for me they are a really great treat.

Even my Sweet husband liked them and he is my worse critic when it comes to healthy treats. He is all for the opposite of healthy eating lol just kidding.

I made a batch of these today and gave one to our neighbor and she liked it to so I consider this a hit.

Here is the recipe...
1 pound of your favorite trail mix (I think all trail mix should have chocolate but that's my opinion)
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
2 egg whites
2 cups creamy peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with baking parchment or a silpat

In a large bowl mix egg whites and sugar together then add peanut butter and mix well. Next add trail mix and mix until blended about two minutes. I put mine in my kitchen aid and mixed it all up. 

For the next step you could use a ice cream scoop but I just used my hands and made a cookie ball about the size of a ice cream scoop. Next you have to smash it into your cookie shape as it will not spread like a cookie with butter in it does. 

Now bake them for ten to twelve minutes. When they come out they will still look undone. Let them sit for about eight minutes then you can eat them up! 

Comments

  1. They look interesting...I have a step mum who is gluten intolerant so these could be worth trying. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment verification but I have been getting tons of spam. Thank you for your comments I love them

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

One Thousand Gifts