Things that I have learned from Budo

Here is a great friend that I love and miss. He passed away from cancer one year ago today. He had a caring bridge site for terminally ill and sick people and the following is a post that I put on his guest book that day. So I am re-posting it in his honor today and remembering him and what he meant to me.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 20, 2011 11:11 AM
Things I have learned from Budo,
1. How to smile, because being around him was so fun that I could not help myself he would do things that made me smile and it did not matter what that was.
2. How to laugh, just being around him you did not know what was going to happen so I would just sit back and watch because I knew that something was coming and he never disappointed me
3. How to read, well not literally but he gave me the love that was needed to enjoy books and that was something that I didn’t have
4. How to relax, he taught me that life was to live and not to worry about the small stuff because in the end it would all work out. He said “do stuff in spite of the fact……………”
5. How to crochet Ina’s blanket something that I am honored to have been shown by him, I feel that it was a gift from his heart to mine in a time that he was in pain he took me by the hand and taught me
6. He taught me that it was okay to be me and if I made a mistake it was a part of life and I could change things or make them better again and that it was okay and not to be too hard on myself
7. Most of all he taught me how to be a friend by being my friend and I am forever blessed to have had a really great man in my life
I love you and miss you my friend and although you are gone from my sight my heart will forever remember the really great person and friend you are and were to me!

Comments

  1. Such lovely memories....we do have special people that pass through our life for a season. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I am so glad yo left me a comment! I have been horrible at comment moderation lately ; please forgive me for taking so long to respond.

    I used to be much better at blogging every day; but lately I can't seem to find enough time to do it well. It seems playing with sweet Carly takes up that time instead.

    Your blog is FUN and I love all the pictures. Clayton is way grown up; I remember him best as a pre-teen. What a joy to have a wedding to celebrate.

    You and Joe look just as wonderful and happy as ever! Your names come up in conversation around the office quite a bit. (Yes, I am still happily with Drew and Jill!)

    Are you still in Roseville? I went to my niece's friends house off of Grider several weeks ago and thought instantly of you guys.

    Hugs my friend! Your smile and sweetness warms my heart when I think of you and your precious family.

    My email address is snaps2scrap (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment verification but I have been getting tons of spam. Thank you for your comments I love them

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

One Thousand Gifts