Chicken Enchiladas

Mm nothing like home made Mexican food on a cold rainy day and this was just what the Dr. ordered.....Creamy Chicken Enchiladas 
 I shredded up a whole roasted chicken removing the skin and bones
Added olives, cream of chicken soup, and four or five cups of rice and mixed it all together. Thinking back now I could have added sauteed onions and some corn or even peas!!!! I LOVE peas but my husband would not eat any if I added them and then some fresh ground white pepper would have been wonderful also
I mixed it all up and placed a scoop onto the shell and topped it off with a large pinch of shredded cheese. I used taco size shells and then rolled it up and placed it seam side down into the casserole pan. You should either grease the pan with spray "Pam" or use a little of the soup on the bottom like I did. 
I topped it all off with some Cream of chicken soup and baked it at 350 deg. for twenty min then pulled it out and added the shredded cheese and baked for another five min.
And voila cheesy creamy chicken enchilada's. I did not add any spice to the mix so they were kind of bland but I added a little salt on top and they were good. My poor husband ate so many that he was in pain for the next three hours. I forgot to tell him that their was a large amount of rice inside

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

One Thousand Gifts