Excalibur Food Dehydrator


Today I was invited to a food preserver fair and was amazed at the many different ways that food can be preserved. In May I did a post on Wonder oven/ Hot box that I had made and was really happy to find that way to cook food and save in electricity and gas but not only that I would not be heating my house up in the summer when my poor small little air conditioner is working harder than it's hamster can run (LOL Just kidding) and when testing this Hot box out I was really surprised and very happy to find that after four hours of soup sitting in my box it was still steaming and very hot to the touch when I opened it up to eat! Mmm White bean soup w/basil. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my hot box.

BUT!!! Now I have found a new gadget for food preserving and that is the Excalibur Food Dehydrator . I had a friend that made some beef jerky for me and it was so good that I thought that I would love to make some but it is something that I never really did so I am going to save up to purchase one of these machines and start Dehydrating. I think though that my food will not look as great as the picture here LOL


Here is the Bible for the Excalibur Dehydrator but this one is the third edition and written in 2007 so I think that they have a new copy out but this one is great for me. A girlfriend of mine found this copy at a garage sale and snagged it for me. I was so happy when she did! I am looking forward to Dehydrating now. And next.....drum roll........Solar cooking ( Woo Hoo )I am going to try that too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY can food organizer

One Thousand Gifts