Thursday, April 16, 2015
~ Living in a neighborhood where people still use wood burning stoves... The smell is sooo good. Reminds me of my childhood when we went camping almost every weekend in the summer
~ My BFF is back on the internet! Woo Hoo....
~ Received my great nieces baseball schedule for the summer and really excited to watch that little one play ball
~ More snow... I love snow...
~ Tulips growing in spite of the snow falling
~ Caught up on a bunch of rest on my days off... Much needed rest
# 209 Special love notes to me from my sweet husband... Yep he's a keeper lol
Joining with Bron Here
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Oh boy the time is flying so fast I cannot keep up. I find that my moments for blogging are fewer than I would like but that is life! Ever changing, ever flowing weaving in and out and in between those around us interacting and sharing. That makes the journey of life worth it don't you think? So... On to our date night. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of us at the theater as they do not allow cameras inside but we had a really fun night watching the movie "Cinderella" not the cartoon but the movie. I LOOOOOVVVVED IT. I would like to purchase the movie when it comes out. But what was really cool is the place where we watched the movie
Thursday, April 9, 2015
~ Easter crock pot dinner always a delight
~ The many pretty colors of Easter eggs
~ Watching a special Easter program that inspires my soul
~ A visit to a special place to spend time in memory of loved ones passed
~ Family with all their idiosyncrasies, personalities, quarks and fun loving traits towards each other
~ A deed done for my husband and I that will forever be appreciated by two people that I love very much!
~ Another date night filled with memories made and fun had
~ A life so full with many, many things to absorb my time leaving no room for a pity party (Yay)
# 202 Snow! Pure white snow falling as I drive... I love snow!
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
I knew by the look of these clouds I would see snow
And here it was
Monday, April 6, 2015
In the picture below you can see a young foal... So sweet
Sunday, April 5, 2015
A very nice dinner for sure
Sunday, March 29, 2015
Records were important to her and she kept announcements and invitations like birth and weddings from everyone so that she could remember dates and such. You could make a time line with all the records she kept
Here in the "My record of my children" are a couple examples of things she recorded
First off I am finding out that my gram was quite a social butterfly Here in 1940 she belonged to a society called "Rebekah's Lodge" I am unsure what that was... Do you know Uncle & Auntie???
Also in this book are lists of things pertaining to all three of my grams children including my mother,You know things like weight and Dr apt's and such but here are some fun things for each
My uncle being grams first child told her at the age of four that his girlfriend was Mary Joe... I wonder if that was a neighbor
My mother the second child of my gram sang "happy birthday to me" at the age of three at her own birthday party
The last child of my Gram was my uncle (Whom is passed and I miss terribly) I have a conversation between him and his gram after coming home from school one day
Gram: Where is your lunch pail?
Uncle: Didn't I bring it?
Gram: No, you didn't
Here uncle takes off out of the house and ran up the hill toward the school and after a bit of time came back and said
"Gram, lunch pails sure can hide good I had a awful time trying to find that one"
My uncle was such a joker always having everyone laugh when he visited us.
I love that my gram saved these things but I sure wish that I could have seen them while she as alive so that we could talk and share such treasures...
More next week
Thursday, March 26, 2015
~ Lovely Sunrise this morning
~ A sister doing her best to care for her family... I see you sis... You are the best!
~ A fun visit with my sister and mother... A standing date each month
~ Spying a spider basking in the sun in a hallway, I would have taken him outside but he ran away
~ That same spider inspiring me to write another book... A children's story book
~ A nudge from fellow blogger encouraging me to take up a dream long ago given up on... Painting
~ A home made walking stick gifted to me by my brother in law for my new hobby... Hiking!
~ Being to busy to feel bored
~ The opportunity to pass on the art of crochet... a great pass time
~ A good review at work
# 192 Ice Cream.... Shh I am not suppose to eat ice cream... Yummy
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Saturday, March 14, 2015
~ Spring time really blooming in our little corner of the world
~ The continued progress of the healing process after a ruff start the the new year
~ A precious son although living so far away is never to busy to talk to me
~ Messages that bring to mind that there really are good people out there who care
~ Women gathered to clean the church and then sharing breakfast together
~ Long time friendships
~ A really special young man getting married to a wonderful woman
~ His sister giving birth to her first child and becoming a beautiful mother (she has the best example)
~ Excitement over things done and time spent with my special husband
~ Crunch 'n Munch... What more do I have to say
~ Clean and happy puppy's running around to get dirty again... Fun to watch
~ Comfort of a best friend who's attention has kept me up through some pretty bad times
~ The beauty of the sun poking its rays through the clouds and feeling warm on my skin (my personal spotlight today saying your a child of God)
~ Long talks, shared love, plans made and executed... now reaping the rewards
# 181 Having knowledge enough to help someone who is confused with certain technology even though I am not the best at it myself
Joining here with Bron
Sunday, March 8, 2015
I discovered my grams autograph book from school and it made me smile! I found out some things about my grandmother that I did not know
School Yell how cute is that, I don't remember our high school having a school yell
1. When you are married and live across the lake send me a piece of your wedding cake. Yours truly with love Pete (no last name but gram has a picture of a Pete with his arm around her... could have been her bo)
2. May your life be like a snowflake. Leave a spot but not a stain. with love from your S.L. teacher Mrs Hurd. (I wonder if Mrs. Hurd was her sister in laws mother)
3. Let your life have just enough clouds to make a beautiful sunset Ethelyn Hurd P.S. Yours till the Statue of Liberty has red headed twins (haha so funny)
4. As you go sliding down the banister of life please remember there are splinters your friend Katherine
5. Remember me early, remember me late, remember me as your dear class mate. Elsie Gray
6. Remember me and bear in mind that a good true friend is hard to find. Homer Bryant
7. When you are old and mending britches think of me between the stitches Tom Patterson
8. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Vinita pushing a baby carriage. Your all step ins, step outs. Mildred Patterson
9. Vinita now, Vinita ever, Sparks now, but not forever. Yours till the Statue of Liberty floats down Broadway
10. Your book is a garden spot where in each friend may sow, I plant the seed for-get-me-not and hope that it may trow. yours till the Pacific ocean has permanent waves . Your true friend Lela Hall
11. When you are married and your husband is cross, get the broomstick and show him your boss. Yours truly Harold Newham
12. When you are married and have twins, Don't come to my house for safety pins. Mary Carter
13. When you are married and live across the river, I'll come to see you in my little red fliver. Yours till the flowers cease to bloom in the spring Lila Ernestine Gigap
14. I wish you health and happiness, I wish you gold in store, I wish you heaven after death, What could I wish for you more Josephine Thomas
15. Mary had a little goat she feed it on tin cans and when the little goat's came they came in Ford sedans. Wilma McBride
16. When you get old, and cannot see, put on your specs and think of me Your friend Vilma Evans
17. Round is the ring that has no end, so is my love for thee my friend Your friend Vernon Whittenberg
18. In the album kept by angels with its leaves of massive gold, may your name be found written where its pages shall unfold. Your loving pal Marjorie Hall
19. Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead and now Mary comes in to school between two chunks of bread Yours Truly Oleta Sparks (hahaha That was my grams sister)
20. There was an old man who was very famous he said," count to ten, when you are angry, before you speak to succeed it might be well to follow his advice, Sir Hermano (this was signed by her older brother Ted...)
21. Alas, Alas, I am to dumb to write anything down on your album, Ted (My great uncle Ted was a big prankster)
22. When you are married and live across the river and your husband grumbles come over to my house and eat applesauce your friend Irvana Hall
23. When the golden sun is setting and your thoughts are far and free, when of others your are thinking will you sometimes think of me? Your friend Helen Harrington
24. As you are floating down the stream of life in your little bark canoe may you have a jolly ride with just room enough for two. Yours till Niagara falls Adda Gott Childress
25. In your fire place of friendship count me as a glowing ember. Your friend Julia R. Gallegos
26. Long may you live, Happy may you be, loved by all but most by me. Your friend Rose
27. Its the little things that separate us from success not the big ones. Gladys Guillet
28. Upon this page I'll write my name and when you read it think of the same. Your sister Genevieve
29. Vinita is her name, Single is her station, happy be the little man that makes the alteration, Your friend always Pearl Sweetman
30. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if Pete won't have you then I must. Yours only for always Gene Hensley
It was so fun for me to read all the saying written for my gram! It makes me wonder if what she wrote in others autograph books?